Monday, November 1, 2010

The Journey of Natty Gann & Race to Witch Mountain

Q: I watched the updated version of Escape to Witch Mountain, which they renamed Race to Witch Mountain, and had a question about the reporter at the beginning of this remake. Is she the same actress who played Natty Gann in The Journey of Natty Gann back in the '80s? I loved that movie and probably drove my parents crazy by watching it over and over as a child. Someone may have asked this question already, but I was just curious because the actress says something like, "This is Natalie Gann, reporting for..." and I rewound the movie to make sure that I had heard her right. Hopefully, you can clear this up for me...
Danae, Arroyo Grande, California


A [Dave Smith]: Good catch! That was indeed Meredith Salenger, who starred in The Journey of Natty Gann, in a cameo portraying "Natalie Gann" in Race to Witch Mountain 24 years later. I wonder how many Natty Gann fans noticed.


[Marcio Disney]


The Journey of Natty Gann [Trailer]




Race to Witch Mountain [First 10 minutes]

3 comments:

  1. Just watched natty gann and was so surprised at this crossover! Love it! Thanks for publishing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I IMDBed it. I'm a film buff and fact checker. Yes, of course it is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...